EUMALGA VINEYARD ON THE OLD DUBBO ROAD.
About eight miles from Dubbo. The vineyard was established by Jean Emile Serisier in 1868 and at one time was the second largest vineyard in NSW. It was named after an Aboriginal girl Eumalga daughter of a local chief, who figured prominently in a local legend. The sketch was done by a Sydney artist about 1880, shortly before the death of Emile Serisier.
From Bill Hornadge’s book ‘Dubbo Walkabout.’